Thursday 28 March 2013

Retro with a little Granny Chic


If you are a regular follower of my blog (thank you) you will know that I love a bargain, therefore I love charity shops. Lately I have been a little more reluctant  to visit them as I feel our house is filling up and myself nor my husband like clutter, so I don't want to keep buying and filling...however the pull of the charity shop is a strong one for me.

In the last couple of weeks I have made two purchases which I am just delighted with and can't resist sharing them with you.


Check out this sewing box, it is beautiful and in great condition. I snapped it up for £9.50 and then had to carry it around town and to my sisters house as Lj, my aunt and I had thought it was a good idea to walk into town on a -1deg day!


Second bargain of the month (possibly year) is this G-plan nest of tables. Not in such great condition as the sewing box but not bad at all. Thankfully one of my new neighbours loves retro furniture and has been educating me over the past few months. So when I looked at these tables and saw the 'G Plan' label I knew I had to get them and for £6 you can't do wrong! P.S. I love them too!

As I showed them to M last night he remarked 'So we are sticking with retro in the lounge then?!', to which I replied 'Yes, and a little granny chic' :)


No comments:

Post a Comment