Wednesday 6 March 2013

1, 2, 3, 4, 5.

Lj made Daddy smile this morning by singing...

One, two, three, four, five,
Once I caught a fish alive,
Six, seven, eight, nine, ten,
Then I let it go again.

Why did you let it go?
Because it bit my finger so.
Which finger did it bite?
This little finger on the right.

It must have been special as bringing a smile to M's face these mornings is not easy!

Lj enjoys numbers. She has been counting from 1-10 for a long time now and can pretty much count from 1-20. She is learning to recognise her numbers in relation to people ages, for example before she could recognise the number '2' she would say, 'that's my age', and then say 'number 2'. Number 1 is Zara's age, 3 is Alice's age, 4- Anna, 5- John etc etc.


A few weeks ago I bought some number cutters so today we made gingerbread (my favourite) and she cut out her gingerbread numbers. She would ask me 'what age is Nana', I would say and she would find the cutters to cut out Nana's age. Then I wondered if her lunch was cut into numbers would it help her eat it...and it did...whoop whoop!




Oh and while I had my camera out she wanted me to take a picture of 'Frogit', her new friend! How cute are 2 yr old hands!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment