Wednesday 11 January 2012

Cake a month:: Banana Cake

On the second Tuesday of each month I take part in Craft and Coffee at our local church. This year I have set myself the challenge of baking a different cake from a new recipe each month for this group. 

January:: Banana Cake from Kirstie Allsop's book, Craft.


The result:: It looked fine and tasted OK (to me). It was perhaps not sweet enough for my taste and this may be due to the fact that there is no sugar in the recipe! I'm wondering if this is a printing error or intentional! However it almost all disappeared during the session and what was left my kids quickly cleared up when I brought it home. So, it can't have been too bad!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you are using your Christmas present. Think how health the cake is without sugar. I have a good banana cake recipe from Mary Berry I will email it to you so you can compare them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have just made this and it is definitely missing the sugar! It must be a printing error as I've found it online and it has 125g brown sugar in the receipe!

    ReplyDelete