Monday 28 September 2009

This weeks motto.


'...act justly, love kindness and walk humbly with your God.' The bible, Micah ch 6 v 8

Written by the prophet Micah over 2000 yrs ago but equally apt for this world today.

'Act justly'- Lately I have been feeling that I need to take a stand for justice in a world which uses and abuses vulnerable people. I'm not sure how I should do this but I know that I detest injustice so i'm keeping watch for the time when I need to stand up and say 'stop'.

'Love kindness'- This sounds easy but I know that when the pressure is on and time is short kindness is not running through my actions. As humans we have this natural ability to consider ourselves before and above all others...for me to 'love kindness' I need to continually remind myself in every situation that kindness is more important that self preservation.

'Walk humbly with your God'- If we are walking with God, talking to Him and listening to Him it is not difficult to be humble as he continually shows his great strength and power which contrasts with our fragility. But to walk with God requires a daily devotion to Him and for me that is a discipline I long to cultivate and achieve.

So this is my motto for the week...we will see how I survive. I'm sure it will be tested in me many times and everytime I stand at the kitchen sink I will see it written on my chalk board!

No comments:

Post a Comment