Monday 14 September 2009

hats for little ones


As Mj is growing like a runner bean I felt it was time to clear his wardrobe of clothes he has out grown. There were many well worn but not worn out t-shirts. I hate throwing things in the bin so in a bid to recycle I tried Soulmamas new born baby hat pattern. It is so simple I could make them with Mj sitting on my lap, which he was delighted about. Our church puts together baby bundles (hat, baby gro, blanket, nappy etc etc) to send to Africa so these hats will be put to good use.
I want Mj to grow up with a desire to serve and help others no matter where they live or what their background is. I doubt he will remember making a hat out of his t shirt for a little baby in Africa but perhaps it will establish a positive habit with us both of trying, where we can, to serve.

'I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to my fellow-creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.'

No comments:

Post a Comment