Tuesday 31 March 2015

Days out in London without Little ones!

Times are changing and I don't always have 'Days out in London with Little ones'...Last week I had a lovely day out with an old school friend (and her little one!).

Of course I brought my current crochet project along for the train journey...a stool cover for a friend.


I met Jenny at London Liverpool Street and we walked to the 'walkie talkie' building at Fenchurch. Jenny had organised free tickets for us to view the sky garden at the top. In the interesting and controversial public sky garden we enjoyed the view, a coffee and cookie and a good old catch up.


Once the sugar and caffeine had kicked in we followed the 'Weavers trail' around Brick lane, Spitalfields and Hackney. Stopping off at a few fabric shops, the Spitalfields city farm and the Happy cafe for lunch.


The biggest bug hotel that I have ever seen at the Spitalfield city farm!

It was great catching up with Jenny and George and seeing a little more of this great city on our doorstep.


No comments:

Post a Comment