Tuesday 5 February 2013

Bags and bags


Can I write a blog post in 8 minutes? Before I have to run to pick up my son from school...lets give it a go!

My mum asked for a new lunch bag...the time limit has made my brain seize so I think I should finish this later when time is not limited!!!

One day later!

Where was I...My mum loves flowers and the colour blue so when I raided my stash and put these fabrics together I liked the combination. I first saw this bag pattern when a friend at university showed me a bag that she had made from very funky drying towels...that was about 9 years ago. Since then I have made a few bags in this style. It is a good one for bags as it doesn't have a seam where the handles meet the bag, making it very strong. My only problem is sewing the handles at the top together where they meet...on this bag I spent longer trying to get the seam at the handles meeting tidy than all the rest of the cutting out and sewing. My mum is a tidy seamstress and likes things done just 'right' so I really wanted her to like it and finally got it to a state that I was just about happy with.


I made two of the these peg bags before Christmas. I was tired of chasing my hanger peg bag around my rotating clothes line and remembered that my mum always uses a bag hung round her neck. So rather than search the shops for a nice one I decided to try making one. I decided to make it fleece lined so it would feel cosy and warm on your hands when hanging out your clothes on those cooler, windy days and it also dries quickly if you have damp pegs in your bag. The second one I gave to my Mum for Christmas...her old one was looking a little worse for wear!

No comments:

Post a Comment