Thursday 26 April 2012

London with little ones #3- V&A

As the masses of children and parents headed to the Natural History Museum and the Science Museum in London on their Easter holidays we thought we would try a quieter route and go to the V and A Museum. It was still fairly busy but no queuing involved, which was good.

M is studying the Medieaval period in his free time at the moment so he was keen to see the section relating to that. As with all the London museums we knew there would be plenty to interest the kids and again the V and A did not disappoint. MJ and Lj were able to make coin rubbings, learn about casts and moulds in period buildings, understand perspective and dress up.

What surprised me was the exhibit on Marketry. My Grandfather in Law (Opa to us) gave me two beginner Marketry kits for Christmas. Until now I have been feeling a bit daunted by starting them as I know I will have to follow the instructions to do it correctly and well. But seeing the marketry on the furniture in the museum has inspired me to getting going on mine.








Afterwards, we stood out of the shower of rain and had a quiet coffee in the nearby V&A reading room before heading home on the train.

No comments:

Post a Comment