Tuesday 4 January 2011

Emotional rollercoaster

Emotions...sometimes it seems that I don't have a lot of them and when I do I find it hard to understand them. Thankfully I am married to someone who is much more outwardly emotional than me and understands emotions much better than me. So after 4.5 years of marriage I am learning that I don't need to be ashamed or embarrassed of my emotions and the cause and effect of my emotions!

I think it is very important to understand emotions and I know all too well how difficult they are to understand. So, I can't even begin to imagine how difficult it must be for a young child. We put so much importance on learning numbers, letters, good behaviour, sharing etc but how much time do we spent talking to and helping our little ones understand the feelings that bubble up in them.

Reading 'Rhythm of the home' I came across the article on Colour my emotion and have been inspired to try out the activity suggested. We only got three of the emotions painted today before MJ lost concentration but that's okay, we will try some more tomorrow. He did tell me that he felt scared when he saw 'big scary monsters on TV'!





Totally unrelated but I wanted to add it. MJ decided that he wanted to photograph his toys. He got them all out of his toy box, put me in position beside them and snapped. He was so excited to see his photo and I like it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment