Monday 19 April 2010

A new summer hat

It felt like one day it was winter, we were wrapped up in woolly hats and gloves and then the next day we woke up to sunshine and immediately sandals and suncream were required.

The weekend was beautifully warm but brought to my attention that MJ needed a new summer hat to keep the sun off his nose. So the quilting was put on hold while a new hat was sewn together. I used the same pattern as last year's summer hat: Amy Butler's Military Style Cap. It was a bit tricky as the pattern sizing only goes to 12 months...not much good for a 32 month boy. So a little adapting had to be done and as I have just finished it and MJ is sound asleep I can't get him to try it on and find out if my adapting was successful!

This is last summer's hat...it brings back great memories, especially of those days we camped in Cornwall and visited almost every National Trust property and garden in the area.



This years hat :: please let it fit! :: I hope it too sees many happy, hot and fun summer days in 2010.




1 comment:

  1. Charis,

    I just wanted to say I love reading your blog. I find I have become a daily follower, feeling disappointed on the days you don't post something! I wish I could explain it better but your sheer delight in the small, but certainly not insignificant, things that shape our days shouts hope! Without even a hint of melodrama, your blog inspires me and I simply want to do: anything and everything! Thanks!

    Love Alice xo

    ReplyDelete