Wednesday 3 March 2010

Mixed emotions

My bags are packed and soon it will be time to say goodbye.

We are leaving Mj with his grandparents for 4 whole nights. I have mixed emotions...lots of emotions. Happy that M and I will have some time alone together. Happy that I will get some time to reenergise physically and mentally. But oh so sad that I will not get a cuddle from Mj for 4 whole days. Sad that I won't be there for him when he wakes and calls out in the morning! Will we survive the seperation?!

Yet, as I type I am reminded of Mothers and Fathers who have lost children and children who have lost parents never to see them again. Lets not forget those directly affected by accidents, earthquakes, floods and illnesses. But, celebrate the family we have and the precious time we have together.

'...yet you do not know what tomorrow will bring. What is your life? For you are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes.' The bible, James ch4v14

See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment