Sunday 1 September 2019

Campbell College Cottage


Recently, we had a day out with my parents to Tollymore Forest Park. When M is at work I need adult help to visit Tollymore as the children love to walk the river there and I can't safely handle a 3yr old and a 2 yr old in the river by myself. My Dad had other ideas about how we would spend our morning and produced a rather old OS map with the notion of finding a little shelter where he used to hike to with friends in his school days. With the prize of a snack for anyone who made it to the destination we huffed and puffed our way there. The building is still standing 40 + yrs on, just, but looks like it is no longer used. Now we are dreaming of purchasing it, renovating it and using it as a beautiful off grid retreat!

No comments:

Post a Comment