Monday 20 February 2012

A hat for Patrick



 As we walked past the library in town on Friday, MJ asked if we could go in. Quite surprised by his request, of course I agreed. He said he wanted a book on trains because he would like to be a train driver when he is a grown up! I asked him if he would like a story book about trains or a book about how trains work. Of course I knew the answer...' a book about how trains work' he replied!

Anyway, we took Grandad with us and came out of the library with books on trains, tanks, rockets and ships. We got a few story books for Lj and I found a couple of nice knitting books.

Patrick was born a week or so ago and I wanted to make him a little pressie. I found the pattern for a striped hat in my library book, Special family knits by Debbie Bliss. Rather than use 4 needles I tried using my 60cm circular needle with the method explained to me by the owner of 'Wool', Bath. She gave me the name of the method but I can't remember what it was and I can't explain how to do it....but it works and is quicker than using 4 needles and just as tidy!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment