Saturday 16 July 2016

Counting down

I'm not keeping up with my blog very well, I seem to have as many 'draft' blog posts as completed ones. I don't want to miss reflecting on these few weeks of life in this home but on the other hand, these few weeks are so busy that I don't seem to be able to sit long enough to capture my reflections.

Now as little man sleeps, Lj is at school and MJ is soon to return from 3 days at a residential trip, I have an hour before the second 'goodbye' lunch of the week begins, to tidy up my thoughts and my blog!

Our rooms are becoming more empty as the conservatory fills up with boxes. The kitchen shelves are clearing as I try some weird and wonderful (more weird than wonderful) ways of using up their contents.

I'm excited at the thought of starting some where new yet there continues the anxiousness of not having sold our property and reading almost everyday in the news of falling house prices. I know God has given me enough faith to trust His plan for our lives but some days I just wish that things were a little more straightforward and simple. A friend reminded me this week of a verse in the Bible.

Romans 4v17

'...Abraham believed in the God who brings the dead back to life and who creates new things out of nothing.'

I too believe in this same God, so if our God can 'create new things out of nothing'...then I know that He can sell our house, or rent it out, or do what ever He wants with it, when He wants...it is not too much for Him. So I continue to pack up, use up and say goodbye!

 Banana and chocolate bread

 MJ goes to Burwell

Boxes building up

No comments:

Post a Comment