Thursday 12 February 2015

'God loves us' Wednesday club #11


On Saturday it is Valentines Day so I thought it would be nice to take a break from our Old Testament timeline and think about how much God loves us, how we know that he loves us and how we can love Him and others.

Illustration:
Show a hairbrush.
I don’t know how many hairs I have on my own head. I suppose that I could try and count them. But even if I managed to count them, every day I lose some hairs and every day some new hairs grow! You can see from my hairbrush that today I have already lost some.
(Pull out one hair from hairbrush.)
The bible tells us that God knows the number of hairs on our head. In fact he knows all about us as He made us. In our Mummies tummy before we were born he was creating us.

We have already learned two verses from the Bible which mention 'Love'. 

John 3 v 16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life

Mark 12v30
'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.'
So the first one gives us a clue as to how we know that God loves us. He loves us so much that he provided us with a way of knowing him and having a friendship with Him. That way was 'Jesus'.
And now that we know God loves us, we should love Him too, like in the second verse!

Cartoon:
I love this little cartoon which helps bring it altogether and reinforce how much God loves you!

Memory Verse:
1 John 4v19
'We love because He first loved us'.
   
Song:
Hearing this little song is one of my earliest memories as my Mum would sing it to us as she soothed us to sleep. 'Jesus Loves Me'

Prayer: Let’s pray and thank God for His love.
Dear God,

Thank you that you love me.

Thank you for knowing me.

Thank you for never changing.
I love you back. Amen.
 

Craft:


A terrible picture but we had fun decorating heart shaped biscuits to remind us of God's love for us!



We had some spare time so the girls happily made some heart hand cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment