Tuesday 13 March 2012

Cake a month:: Lemon and Poppy Seed Drizzle Cake

March:: Lemon and Poppy Seed Drizzle Cake from taste.com.au.

As an indulgence when out having coffee I will have a Lemon and Poppy seed muffin. I just love them...I think it is the combination of the lemony sharpness with the sweetness of the icing...yum.

So for this months cake I thought I would try my own Lemon and Poppy seed cake.


 This recipe I found on the web and it seemed to have good reviews so I thought It would be a good place to start. It was simple enough to make but not so simple on knowing when to take it out of the oven. The edges were browned and cooked but the centre was not cooked. Also there was too much mixture for the loaf tin so I made some muffins with the left overs which actually turned out better that the cake. Next time round I think I will make muffins instead as they cooked much more evenly and without holes in the centre! However, the ladies at 'Craft and Coffee' were not so fussy! As you can see from the photo just the heel ends were left. An afternoon coffee and slice for me and my in laws I think!

No comments:

Post a Comment