Thursday 20 May 2010

Life and death

As I send a present to a newly born baby girl I discover that another little girl has been left without a mother.

Last night I was flicking through 'Homemade: Gorgeous things to Make with love' desiring to be inspired by the pages of beautiful crafts. I made a mental note that I hadn't looked at the co author, Elspeth Thompson's blog in some time. Today when browsing the internet I flicked to her blog and with horror read the meassage left by her husband announcing her death. It breaks my heart to think that an innocent little girl (Elspeth's daughter) has been left in this world without her mother.

This week I have been struggling with tiredness and an increasingly adventurous (and naughty) son but I am finishing the week by being reminded of how blessed I really am. When life seems tough it is so easy to believe that we are the only one who is suffering. That is so far from the truth. There is suffering all around us if we just open our eyes and hearts to it.

I want to finish with some words of hope. What comes to mind is a verse underlined in my bible which says ' Weeping may tarry for the night, but joy comes with the morning.' Psalm ch 30 v 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment