Wednesday 12 May 2010

Inspired by ::

Today I am inspired by

:: Rob Ryans paper cuts. Totally amazed at the beauty and detail in his work. Next trip to London will involve a visit to his shop.



:: The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society Novel by Mary Ann Shaffer reccommended by my friend.



:: Dying fabric. As with MJ I want to use 'real nappies' on baby, however some of MJs terry squares were looking a bit tired and worn so I had a go at dying them green! They turned out a bit darker than I had imagined but I'm still happy with them. Although I am disappointed with myself for using a chemical dye and not thinking to research using natural dyes first. Yesterday at 'Craft and Coffee' a friend showed me some wool she has just dyed using turmeric, red onion skins and tea. The results were stunning and totally inspiring. I'm sure there are lots more things I can dye so I will have to be a bit more creative next time and research natural dyes first.



:: My clothes line of green nappies reminded me of the film 'I capture the castle' which is one of my favourites. I really want to watch it again soon.
I Capture the Castle, Dodie Smith
I Capture the Castle, Dodie Smith by Zoella on Polyvore.com

What are you inspired by today?

1 comment:

  1. I love that you died your nappies green, it really makes me smile! Today, I am inspired by you LilyJean!

    ReplyDelete