Wednesday 23 January 2019

Shopping for books

Our mission today was to find a book shop, Kool Skool, which had been recommended by our new American friend. It was in another shopping mall which pushed us out of our comfort zones. But I feel we are gaining confidence in dodging stray dogs and not being put off by dusty, run down looking stalls. After going down to the basement, up to second floor and back down to ground and asking four different people for directions we finally found what we were looking for.
What amazes me is that although from the outside the shops look tired and out of date, inside they carry all the well known brands and latest items.
We purchased a few books to keep us going and I particularly liked these two. One has an audio cd which I thought would be useful on our long car journeys. I was also drawn to the watercolour illustrations as Lj and I are trying to improve our watercolor skills on this trip. Perhaps, I'll post a few of our watercolor efforts one day.



No comments:

Post a Comment