Wednesday 30 May 2018

A good untidy

It feels like I spend a large portion of my day moving things from one room to another, all in the name of tidying up. So last night when I came home from an evening out with friends it was no surprise to see dishes by the sink, shoes lying on the floor and random toys in random places. But I was stopped in my tracks and had to take a photo when I saw what had been left lying on the table. Pencils, pens, paper, scissors and drawings. Why was this mess different? To me it was, because it told a story of what the older two had spent their evening doing. When screens is their normal 'go to' entertainment, I was so pleased that last evening they had been creating their own world in their imagination, using their hands and creativity without the stimulus of a screen.


No comments:

Post a Comment