Sunday 11 November 2012

Winter is coming

Sorry I haven't been blogging much recently, there are a number of reasons.
Myself and a few friends are having our first Christmas craft stall at the local toddlers group in a couple of weeks, so I have been busy making, sewing and crocheting in order to have a good display.
Also I'm looking forward to Christmas and am making lots of presents for family and friends so I don't want to give all the surprises away.

But as the days and evenings get colder I have been wrapping up and thinking of ways to keep myself and my family warm this winter. So there is a bit of a theme with the latest batch of making.

Keeping our...


Heads and hands...


Beds...


and toes, all cosy and warm.

I found a wool blanket which was passed onto me a few years ago and thought I would give it a hot wash to felt it. Then I had a go cutting and sewing a hot water bottle cover and a pair of slippers. The slippers need a little bit of fanciness but they are certainly functioning, my toes are toasty...now I'm off to bed to try out my new hot water bottle cover!

Night night!


No comments:

Post a Comment