Saturday 28 June 2014

Lj's 4th birthday


This week Lj turned 4! It has been a long awaited birthday...she started talking about it before Christmas!


We decided on an after school school garden party and invited a few friends and our neighbours. Thankfully the weather was kind and we were able to play games and have food outside.


The night before MJ and I set to work on her cake. We used pre coloured icing on the top and round the base. Then used butter icing coloured green and piped it using my Wilton 233 (which I had purchased to create MJ's monster birthday cake a couple of years ago). I was surprised how much MJ enjoyed cutting and placing the butterfly and flower shapes from pre coloured icing on the cake. 


I managed to get her mud kitchen constructed and painted in time too. It was a hit on the day and I think it help create many hours of fun over the summer.

With all the busyness of the day I didn't manage to get any photos of our marshmallow flowers but they went down so well I think we will be trying them again and maybe next time I will get a photo!



No comments:

Post a Comment